Big Fish Contest
Contest is now closed!
Thank you for your interest in the PAGO Big Fish Photo Contest! The contest is currently closed and we are not accepting new entries. Voting for the June winner is open now through July 8th. Grand Prize winner will be announced mid-July!
Be sure to save your pictures for next year’s contest or check out the PAGO Photo Contest running over the next year with a new theme each quarter. For more information, click here.
CONTEST PRIZES AND SPONSORS
Monthly winners will each receive the following prizes:
- Canoe/Kayak trip from Pale Whale Canoe Fleet, Cook Forest
- Canoe/Kayak trip from Country Squirrel Outfitters, Ridgway
- Gift certificate from Ireland’s Bait Shop, Weedville
- Gift certificate from Long Shot Ammo and Arms, Fairmount City
- Gift Certificate from Benezette Hotel, Benezette
- Theater passes to Elk Country Visitor Center, Benezette
- Passes to Double Diamond Deer Ranch, Cook Forest
- A round of Mini-Golf at Kalyumet Fore Fun, Cook Forest
- Passes to Weather Discovery Center, Punxsutawney
- Gift certificate from Jim’s Sports Center, Clearfield
- Ice cream treat from Cooksburg Cafe, Cook Forest
GRAND PRIZE (randomly selected at the end of the contest): Guided half-day smallmouth bass fly-fishing float trip for two in 2019 with Keystone Predator Outfitters and Todd Deluccia, the 2014 Musky Fly-Fishing World Champion.
2018sat08sep10:00 amsat3:00 pmFeaturedWojack Weekend in Punxsutawney10:00 am - 3:00 pm EST Weather Discovery Center, 201 N. Findley St, Punxsutawney, PACounties:JeffersonCategory:Children’s Events,Featured,Other
2018fri14sep(sep 14)11:00 amsun16(sep 16)5:00 pmFeaturedBavarian Fall Fest11:00 am - 5:00 pm (16) EST St. Mary's Chamber, 53 S. St. Marys St, St. Mary's, PACounties:ElkCategory:Fairs & Festivals,Featured
2018sat15sep(sep 15)10:00 amsun16(sep 16)5:00 pmFeaturedCoolspring Power Museum Open Day10:00 am - 5:00 pm (16) EST Coolspring Power Museum, 179 Coolspring Rd., Coolspring, 179 Coolspring RdCounties:JeffersonCategory:Featured,History & Heritage
Fish MUST BE caught within the 5 counties of the PA Great Outdoors region (Cameron, Clarion, Elk, Forest and Jefferson) to be eligible.
If you are submitting photos of people, you must have their permission. Clicking submit results in giving approval to Pennsylvania Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau to use your photos in promoting the region.
Contest submissions will be accepted April 1st through June 30th, 2018.
Photos will be uploaded to our website for voting each month. The photo with the most likes at the end of the voting period will win the prizes for that month. One photo will be selected randomly at the end of the contest as the grand prize winner. Winners, both monthly and grand prize, will be contacted directly and announced on Facebook.
Round 1 – Vote May 1st-7th
Round 2 – Vote June 1st-7th
Round 3 – Vote July 2nd-8th
If you have any questions, email [email protected].