Winter is a special time in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors, a time when scenery, spirit and weather conspire to produce storybook scenes and fantastic fun for everyone!
Experience a hot tub in the snow, a friendly bed and breakfast, a jacuzzi suite for a romantic getaway, a cozy cabin buried in the woods or the convenience of a hotel while you are enjoying fun winter activities in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors.
Stay warm this season!
Stock up on warm reds, crisp whites, and sparkling wines for holiday entertaining. Straub Brewery, Clarion River Brewing Co, and Blackbird Distillery offer a unique experience, delicious varieties, and a touch of history. Check out the new Uncork Tasting Trail!
Pennsylvania Great Outdoors region offers dozens of exhilarating outdoor activities on forest trails, mountain slopes, and frozen lakes along with plenty of ways to warm you up when you’re done!
- Marienville is the Snowmobile Capital of Pennsylvania and offers access to the hundreds of miles of trails in the Allegheny National Forest. You’ll want to be in Marienville on January 26th for the annual Winterfest Celebration with plenty of winter fun including snow sculptures, scavenger hunt, chili cook-off, a torchlight snowmobile parade, and more.
- Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing are fun and easy to learn activities! Our region has some of the most scenic and exhilarating trails you’ll ever experience weaving through gorgeous stretches of forested land. Here’s a look at a few top picks to help you plan your adventure.
- Experience Pennsylvania’s wild elk herd in the winter! There are many opportunities to view these majestic creatures including the Elk Scenic Drive, designated viewing areas, and the Elk Country Visitor Center.
- Enjoy some crazy chilly fun! On January 12th, plunge into the icy Bennett’s Branch at the annual Medix Hotel Polar Bear Plunge!
- Each February 2nd thousands of people gather from all over the world to witness the world-famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, announce his prediction how soon to expect spring! Come experience Groundhog Day in Pennsylvania!
2019sun30jun(jun 30)12:00 pmsat06jul(jul 6)11:00 pmFeaturedWolf's Corners Fair12:00 pm - (july 6) 11:00 pm EST Wolf's Corner Fairgrounds, 2612 Lake Lucy Road, Tionesta, PACounties:Clarion,ForestCategory:Fairs & Festivals,Featured,Holiday
2019sun30jun(jun 30)12:00 pmsat06jul(jul 6)11:00 pmFeaturedWolf's Corners Fair(june 30) 12:00 pm - (july 6) 11:00 pm EST Wolf's Corner Fairgrounds, 2612 Lake Lucy Road, Tionesta, PACounties:Clarion,ForestCategory:Fairs & Festivals,Featured,Holiday
2019fri05jul(jul 5)12:00 amsat06(jul 6)11:59 pmFeaturedWeekend in the Wilds12:00 am - 11:59 pm (6) EST Emporium, downtown area, Emporium, PACounties:CameronCategory:Crafts & Markets,Fairs & Festivals,Featured,Theater & Arts
2019sun14jul(jul 14)10:00 amsat20(jul 20)10:00 pmFeaturedJefferson County Fair10:00 am - 10:00 pm (20) EST Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 1514 Rt. 28N, Brookville, PACounties:JeffersonCategory:Fairs & Festivals,Featured
2019sun21jul(jul 21)9:00 amsat27(jul 27)10:00 pmFeaturedClarion County Fair9:00 am - 10:00 pm (27) EST Clarion County Fairgrounds, 137 Park RoadCounties:ClarionCategory:Children’s Events,Fairs & Festivals,Featured
2019thu25jul(jul 25)12:00 amsat27(jul 27)11:59 pmFeaturedAllegheny Mountain Championship Rodeo12:00 am - 11:59 pm (27) EST Flying W Ranch, 685 Flying W Ranch RdCounties:ForestCategory:Fairs & Festivals,Featured,Motorsports