Winter is a special time in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors, a time when scenery, spirit and weather conspire to produce storybook scenes and fantastic fun for everyone!
Experience a hot tub in the snow, a friendly bed and breakfast, a jacuzzi suite for a romantic getaway, a cozy cabin buried in the woods or the convenience of a hotel while you are enjoying fun winter activities in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors.
Avoid the crowded malls searching through the same expensive gifts from last year. Unique, one-of-a-kind, and handmade gifts from the heart are what the holidays are about. Support small businesses and shop in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors!
Stay warm this season!
Stock up on warm reds, crisp whites, and sparkling wines for holiday entertaining. Straub Brewery, Clarion River Brewing Co, and Blackbird Distillery offer a unique experience, delicious varieties, and a touch of history. Check out the new Uncork Tasting Trail!
Pennsylvania Great Outdoors region offers dozens of exhilarating outdoor activities on forest trails, mountain slopes, and frozen lakes along with plenty of ways to warm you up when you’re done!
- Marienville is the Snowmobile Capital of Pennsylvania and offers access to the hundreds of miles of trails in the Allegheny National Forest. You’ll want to be in Marienville on January 27th for the annual Winterfest celebration with plenty of winter fun including a torchlight snowmobile parade.
- Snowshoeing is a fun and easy to learn activity! Any of the state parks in the area have great trails to explore that are seldom visited in the winter months. Check with the local outfitters for x-country ski and snowshoe rentals.
- Our region has some of the most scenic and exhilarating Cross-Country Skiing trails you’ll ever experience weaving through gorgeous stretches of forested land. Here’s a look at a few top picks to help you plan your adventure.
- Experience Pennsylvania’s wild elk herd in the winter! There are many opportunities to view these majestic creatures including the Elk Scenic Drive, designated viewing areas, horse-drawn sleigh rides, and the Elk Country Visitor Center.
- Enjoy some crazy chilly fun! Every January 1st, the town of Parker hosts it’s “Freezin’ for a Reason” Polar Bear Plunge into the icy Allegheny River benefiting many local charities including Camo Cares, Hunt of a Lifetime, Boys and Girls clubs, fire departments and more! January is the annual Medix Hotel Polar Bear Plunge into Bennetts Branch!
- Each February 2nd thousands of people gather from all over the world to witness the world-famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, announce his prediction how soon to expect spring! Come experience Groundhog Day in Pennsylvania!
- The historic town of Ridgway, Pennsylvania welcomes hundreds of chainsaw carvers and thousands of spectators to the Ridgway Chainsaw Carvers Rendezvous. Carvers showcase their talents creating amazing works of art from a simple log on April 26-28, 2018.
201826apr(apr 26)10:00 am28(apr 28)5:00 pmFeaturedRidgway Chainsaw Carvers Rendezvous10:00 am - 5:00 pm (28) EST Center St., Ridgway, 109 Center StCounties:ElkCategory:Arts,Fairs & Festivals,Featured,Outdoor Adventure