Here is a list of 10 family fun things to do in Forest County during August.
- Spend a weekend ATV riding in the Allegheny National Forest (Event Info)
- Shop for locally made crafts at the Tionesta Market Village (Event Info)
- Have Friday night fun in Cook Forest during Car Cruise at the Cooksburg Café (Aug 11) (Event Info)
- The Allegheny River boating program is a 6.6-mile interpretative canoeing trip from West Hickory to Tionesta. (Aug 12) (Event Info)
- Tour Pennsylvania’s only inland working lighthouse, the Sherman Memorial Lighthouse Tour (Aug 12 & 19) (Event Info)
- Enjoy family fun at the Tionesta Indian Festival (Aug 15-20) (Event Info)
- Do some bird watching at Buzzard Swamp (Event Info)
- Take a dip in the MACA pool in Marienville (Event Info)
- Tour the Tionesta Fish Hatchery (Event Info)
- Test your endurance with the 50-mile Baker Trail Ultra-Challenge, an ultramarathon on the Baker Trail that starts in Marienville (Aug 26) (Event Info)
Find more information to plan your trip online at VisitPAGO.com or call the PA Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau at (814) 849-5197.