Get outside and enjoy the crisp mountain air, chilly evenings, and kaleidoscope of colors in the Great Outdoors! Scenic drives, mountain vistas, and many leaf peeping opportunities!
A winding path through an eerily quiet cornfield or deep into the woods, not knowing what is watching you… are you too scared? We dare you to come explore the Great Outdoors this Halloween! We have stuff for the little goblins, too! Pumpkin picking, hayrides, costume parties, and more!
Pennsylvania is home to the largest free-roaming elk herd in Northeastern United States. Visit Elk Country to see them in their natural habitat. Seeing an elk for the first time is an experience you’ll never forget!
Leaf peeping is a popular past-time with families, hikers & bikers… everyone! Driving tours with turn-by-turn directions and popular attractions. Come experience the color of the Great Outdoors!
Autumn Leaf Festival
The 9-day internationally award-winning festival attracts over 500,000 people to the Clarion area each year. Events and entertainment include carnival rides, Touch-A-Truck, Autorama Cruise-In, Tournament of Leaves Parade, antique tractor show, Farmer’s and Crafter’s Day, and so much more! The 65th annual Autumn Leaf Festival will be held September 29th – October 7th.
Autumn is our favorite time of year here in the Great Outdoors region! The kaleidoscope of colors creates many “ahh” moments. Wildlife can be spotted preparing for winter including the magnificent elk!
- Scenic Drives! Leaf peeping is a popular pastime with families hikers & bikers, leisure drivers… everyone! We’ve put together four driving tours with turn-by-turn directions and popular stops along the way. Come experience the crisp oranges, reds and yellows decorating our forestlands!
- Pennsylvania Elk! Pennsylvania is home to the largest free-roaming elk herd in Northeastern United States. Seeing an elk for the first time is an extraordinary experience and one you will never forget!
- Leaf Peeping! Leaf peeping is a popular pastime with families, hikers & bikers, photographers…everyone! Plan your fall-cation and check out our blog post for some of the best views!
- Attention shutterbugs! Grab your cameras and hit the trails. The crimson, gold and orange-hued leaves parade a delightful show! Our area boasts many scenic vistas and overlooks including Beartown Rocks and Brady’s Bend. Post your photos on social media and use #VisitPAGO!
- Win Cash! Help us showcase the beauty of the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors region by submitting your pictures of panoramic vistas, fall leaves, spectacular sunsets, and Mother Nature’s breathtaking displays in the PAGO Scenic Beauty Photo Contest. Entries will be accepted September 1-November 30th, 2018.
- Horsing Around! Experience the Great Outdoors on horseback. Outfitters and guides provide enjoyable experiences for all levels of riders. View elk and other wildlife while horseback riding. Camping is also available along with an equestrian friendly Bed & Breakfast!
- Gone Huntin’! The Great Outdoors region is a game hunter’s paradise. With dense forests, open meadows, lush state game lands, and a multitude of waterways; the mixed terrain is suitable for a variety of wildlife.
- Check out this video featuring Autumn in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors!
2018sat10nov(nov 10)10:30 amsun11(nov 11)4:00 pmFeatured7th Annual Tour for Elk Ride & Toy Drive10:30 am - 4:00 pm (11) EST Elk Country Visitor Center, 950 Winslow Hill Rd, Benezette, PACounties:ElkCategory:Featured,Outdoor Adventure
2018fri16nov(nov 16)1:00 ammon26(nov 26)1:00 amFeaturedA Christmas Gathering in Brockway1:00 am - 1:00 am (26) EST Brockway, Taylor Memorial Park, Brockway, PA Counties:JeffersonCategory:Crafts & Markets,Featured,Holiday
2018fri30novsat01decFeaturedFestival of Trees10:00 am - (december 1) 4:00 pm EST Sawmill Center for the Arts, 140 Theatre Lane, Cooksburg, PACounties:Cook ForestCategory:Crafts & Markets,Featured,Holiday