Get outside and enjoy the crisp mountain air, chilly evenings, and kaleidoscope of colors in the Great Outdoors! Scenic drives, mountain vistas, and many leaf peeping opportunities!
A winding path through an eerily quiet cornfield or deep into the woods, not knowing what is watching you… are you too scared? We dare you to come explore the Great Outdoors this Halloween!
Pennsylvania is home to the largest free-roaming elk herd in Northeastern United States. Visit Elk Country to see them in their natural habitat. Seeing an elk for the first time is an experience you’ll never forget!
Leaf peeping is a popular past-time with families, hikers & bikers… everyone! Driving tours with turn-by-turn directions and popular attractions. Come experience the color of the Great Outdoors!
Autumn is our favorite time of year here in the Great Outdoors region! The kaleidoscope of colors creates many “ahh” moments. Wildlife can be spotted preparing for winter including the magnificent elk!
- Scenic Drives! Leaf peeping is a popular pastime with families hikers & bikers, leisure drivers… everyone! We’ve put together four driving tours with turn-by-turn directions and popular stops along the way. Come experience the crisp oranges, reds and yellows decorating our forestlands!
- Pennsylvania Elk! Pennsylvania is home to the largest free-roaming elk herd in Northeastern United States. Seeing an elk for the first time is an extraordinary experience and one you will never forget!
- Leaf Peeping! Leaf peeping is a popular pastime with families, hikers & bikers, photographers…everyone! This map can help you plan your fall-cation during peak leaf peeping season!
- Attention shutterbugs! Grab your cameras and hit the trails. The crimson, gold and orange-hued leaves parade a delightful show! Our area boasts many scenic vistas and overlooks including Beartown Rocks and Brady’s Bend. Post your photos on social media and use #VisitPAGO!
- Horsing Around! Experience the Great Outdoors on horseback. Outfitters and guides provide enjoyable experiences for all levels of riders. View elk and other wildlife while horseback riding. Camping is also available along with an equestrian friendly Bed & Breakfast!
- Gone Huntin’! The Great Outdoors region is a game hunter’s paradise. With dense forests, open meadows, lush state game lands, and a multitude of waterways; the mixed terrain is suitable for a variety of wildlife.
- Check out this video featuring Autumn in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors!
Fall & Winter GO Magazine
The GO Magazine is a seasonal publication printed twice a year filled with upcoming events, fun activities and exciting new things to do in the Great Outdoors region.
2018wed15aug(aug 15)12:00 amsat18(aug 18)11:59 pmFeaturedKnox Horse Thief Days12:00 am - 11:59 pm (18) EST Downtown Knox and surrounding area Knox PA 16232Counties:ClarionCategory:Fairs & Festivals,Featured
2018sat18aug(aug 18)8:00 amsun19(aug 19)8:00 pmFeaturedElk Expo8:00 am - 8:00 pm (19) EST Elk Country Visitor Center, 950 Winslow Hill Rd, Benezette, PACounties:ElkCategory:Children’s Events,Fairs & Festivals,Featured,Music,Nature & Wildlife,Outdoor Adventure,State Parks: Events & Programs
2018sat08sep10:00 amsat3:00 pmFeaturedWojack Weekend in Punxsutawney10:00 am - 3:00 pm EST Weather Discovery Center, 201 N. Findley St, Punxsutawney, PACounties:JeffersonCategory:Children’s Events,Featured,Other
2018fri14sep(sep 14)11:00 amsun16(sep 16)5:00 pmFeaturedBavarian Fall Fest11:00 am - 5:00 pm (16) EST St. Mary's Chamber, 53 S. St. Marys St, St. Mary's, PACounties:ElkCategory:Fairs & Festivals,Featured
2018sat15sep(sep 15)10:00 amsun16(sep 16)5:00 pmFeaturedCoolspring Power Museum Open Day10:00 am - 5:00 pm (16) EST Coolspring Power Museum, 179 Coolspring Rd., Coolspring, 179 Coolspring RdCounties:JeffersonCategory:Featured,History & Heritage